What can I expect from online services?
Taking care of mental and psychosocial well being as well as couple and family relationships has never been more important than now. The goal of the play express is to provide immediate effective support to individuals, couples and families in this difficult time that maximises individual, relationship and family well being.
the play express now also offers the following services from the comfort of your own home:
- parenting support
- the 7 ROSES empowerment programme
- individual counselling
Online services are now available via Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, email or telephone.
What are the benefits of online services?
The following can be regarded as benefits of online services:
- Online services may offer more flexibility and shorter waiting times to speak to a qualified counsellor, making it easier for you to gain support when you need it the most.
- For those who may have mobility issues or disabilities that make it stressful or challenging to get to their therapists’ office, online counselling can help overcome some of these barriers.
- It is convenient to access support from the comfort of your own home (or wherever you are), without the inconvenience of having to physically travel to your counsellor. This can not only save time and money, but can also let those living in more rural areas access qualified experts from further afield.
- Some people feel more comfortable opening up and discussion sensitive issues through the buffer provided by a screen or phone. For those who may feel particularly nervous or anxious during face-to-face counselling sessions, online therapy can offer an alternative means of support.
- For those who are worried about others finding out about their treatment, online counselling can feel like it offers a higher level of privacy. Fitting seamlessly into your schedule without the need to block out more time to go and physically visit a therapist, some like the feeling of anonymity that they may feel by communicating through screens.
How does it work?
When you want to make use of our online services, there will be a intake session before we begin. This provides time to get to know the counsellor a little better, ask questions, and raise any concerns you may have. During this time, guidelines and expectations will be set around communications, response times (if using a message-based option), fees, as well as privacy and confidentiality. During the intake session we will agree on the type of service that will be rendered, enter into an agreement and schedule a time for the sessions.
Please feel free to contact the play express for more information regarding the online services.