Welcome to the play express!
Are things a bit “off the rails” at home or at school?
Is your child going through a difficult time, struggling to express him or herself, or displaying challenging behaviour?
Growing up isn’t easy and can even be overwhelming at times. Life’s expectations and challenging circumstances can have a great impact on a child’s emotional and social development, which can leave a parent feeling discouraged and unsure how to best support their child.
the play express believes in empowering children and families with the skills necessary to overcome their challenges and enhance their social and emotional well-being through the use of child coaching, play therapy and parenting support in a safe environment.
the play express offers its services in English, Dutch and Afrikaans to children between the ages of 4 to 18 years old. It is a mobile children's practice, which means that the play express will travel to your doorstep to render the services at the comfort of your home or an agreed upon location.
Please feel free to contact the play express for more information.
The play express can help your child to:
- develop a positive self-esteem and sense of self
- work through traumatic experiences
- adapt to a new or challenging situation
- build confidence and a sense of competence
- develop resilience and assertiveness
- develop and improve problem-solving abilities
- improve emotional and social skills
- explore, become aware and express emotions
- discover his/her talents, inner strength and potential
We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything than when we are playing.” - Charles Schaefer
Child coaching is a positive motivational approach aimed at empowering children and equipping them with skills they need to overcome the challenges in their lives.