The best interest of the child
The best interests of the child is paramount to the play express. We pledge to practice sound ethics and have transparent protocols in working with the child and family. the play express acknowledges the obligation to report domestic violence and child abuse.
Clients are required to sign the play express Terms and Conditions agreement together with the play express Confidentiality policy agreement.
the play express provides child coaching and play therapy to children experiencing a wide array of challenges. Any child can benefit from coaching or play therapy because the child can learn new skills, become aware and express their emotions and practice new behaviour in a safe and non-threatening environment. the play express does not provide psychological or psychiatric services and does not have the professional authority to make a diagnosis of any sort. If the play express concludes that child coaching or play therapy is not the appropriate medium to deal with the challenges your child is facing, we will consult with the parents and refer them to the appropriate professional for further assistance.
the play express is registered with:
- Nederlandse Vereniging Van Speltherapeuten (NVVS) - The Dutch Association of Play Therapists , Registration no: 109719
- Federatie Vaktherapeutische Beroepen (FVB) - Federation for Specialist Therapy Professions, Registration no: 109719
- Register Beroepsbeoefenaren Complementaire Zorg (RBCZ) - Register for professionals in Complementary Care, Licence no: 190285R
- South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) Registration number: 10-33182
- Practice code: 90065820
- Health-care practitioner code: 90106584
Professional code of conduct
the play express adheres to the professional code of conduct as set out by the NVVS/FVB for play therapists.
Professional competency profile
the play express complies with and meets the requirements of the professional competency profile for play therapists as set out by the NVVS.
Complaints can be directed to the NVVS (play therapy).